10 rules of networking manners
Thou shall not eat while giving elevator speech!
It is amazing to me the many things people do while networking. Humans and people and bodies and minds and **** we gotta figure them all out! Here are some tips that might help in the process (tone of comments for reading pleasure only):
- Do not eat while giving your elevator speech! We is all hungry. (Yuck)
- Do not be on your phone. People are more interesting in person!
- Interrupting can be ok when done correctly. “Hey mind if I join the pack?” or ” sorry for interrupting but you all look like a bunch of cool kidz and I would love to join the conversation”
- Take a shower. Nuff said.
- Listen! If you care more about the other person I guarantee your going to become instant BFFs. Did we just become best friends?
- One or Two drink minimum! You can wild out later business then pleasure.
- Never hold a plate. Its going to happen someone is going to want to shake your hand and introduce themselves and then BAM your going to get caught holding the plate.
- Follow Up! you want a 2nd date? Lets call back within 2 days.
- Confidence makes you frekin Obi Won Kanobi! Believe in what you represent than be confident talking about it. “These are not the droids your looking for”
- Be Authentic. Cats never pretend to be something they are not. Be a cat and own that shiznit!
(P.S professional tone advised when networking)